We, the congregation of Robbinsdale Parkway United Church of Christ, Robbinsdale,
MN, covenant with the Minnesota Conference United Church of Christ, our Creator God, and all migrants to be an Immigrant Welcoming Congregation. We enter into this covenant knowing that it is grounded in scripture:
We make this covenant recognizing that the world is in the midst of a long-term refugee crisis with thousands of God’s people displaced or on the move; seeking safety, security, freedom, and opportunity. We also recognize many immigrants in our country continue to fear raids, deportation or long-term detention by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), and their families being torn apart.
As a community of God’s people, we are called to be a loving, living presence in our
world and so we make this covenant to become an Immigrant Welcoming Congregation that walks in solidarity with our immigrant kin. We will live into this covenant in a variety of ways:
• We will financially support organizations that work toward immigration justice (for
example, Conversations with Friends)
• We will provide information and updates to our congregation members regarding
immigration issues and use our congregational voice or urge congregation action
at appropriate times to promote change
• We will promote interaction with immigrants who reside in our community,
including strengthening our relationship with Jesus is the Way International
• We will be a loving presence to families separated from loved ones due to
• We will offer hospitality to person(s) from any country or faith perspective who is/
are in danger of being deported and thus being separated from their families, if
the need presents itself.
These efforts will be coordinated and led by the Immigrant Welcoming team, who will be appointed by the Church Council and will report to the Church Council.